Symptoms of anxiety vary from person to person.
Some common signs in the workplace may include:
- Restlessness, tension, or edginess.
- Avoidance of certain workplace activities, such as staff meetings.
- Becoming overwhelmed or upset easily.
- Finding it hard to make decisions.
- Difficulty concentrating.
- Constant feelings of worry and apprehension.
- Difficulty making decisions.
- Physical symptoms, such as racing heart, shortness of breath, vomiting, nausea or stomach pain.
- Muscle tension and pain (e.g., sore back or jaw).
- Sweating, shaking, feeling dizzy, lightheaded or faint.
- Having upsetting dreams or flashbacks of a traumatic event.
- Finding it hard to stop worrying.
- Experiencing unwanted or intrusive thoughts.
Last updated Tue, Dec 8, 2020
The information contained in this toolkit is provided for general information only.
It is not intended to be a substitute for medical advice. Always consult your physician or appropriate health-care provider with respect to your particular circumstances.