Counselling and Therapy

In addition to the Employee and Family Assistance Program, an individual or family counsellor can be found through:

BC Association of Clinical Counsellors 

Phone: 1-800-909-6303. Website:

The counsellors listed on this website all have Masters level of training and have met rigorous registration requirements. You can search for a counsellor by choosing different criteria that meet your needs. 

Clinical counselling is the practice of using clinical mental health principles, values and techniques to achieve a better understanding of issues and concerns. A Clinical Counsellor can help you develop the insight to recognize, prevent and change undesirable behaviours in your life.

BC Psychological Association

Phone: 604-730-0522. Website:

Here you will find a list of psychologists who can help you address specific concerns. You have a number of options when searching including location, problem type, therapy method, and/or language. To access the referral service directly go to:

A psychologist is a mental health professional trained in the study of human behavior and in the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of mental health issues and behavioral disorders. In British Columbia, psychologists are registered and regulated by the College of Psychologists of British Columbia.

Note that there is a fee for these services.

Clinics that offer services at a reduced rate include:

  • UBC Psychology Clinic (staffed by graduate students working on their PhD and supervised by psychologists): 604-822-3005
  • SFU Clinical Psychology Center (staffed by graduate students working on their PhD and supervised by psychologists): 778-782-4720 


Last updated Thu, Sep 21, 2017